Friday, August 15, 2008

Solvang & Santa Barbara, California

We're in Europe again! - Just kidding we're just in Solvang, CA. Monica watched Dillon for us and so Joe and I had the day for ourselves. Solvang is one of the coolest towns on the Central Coast. It is very uncommericalized and all of the buildings look like they should be in Europe.

There was a bakery on nearly every corner in Solvang and Joe and I more than took advantage of them.


After Solvang, Joe and I went to Santa Barbara. We went to the mission, pier, and drove down State Street.



The next day we went to the Hearst Castle and toured through the amazing residence. We marvelled at all of the European antiques and furnishings . We wondered if it were to be built today if the owner would be able to acquire half of its rare possessions.

2 comments:

Sara Hollobaugh said...

I am glad you were able to go to Hearst castle. It is such a cool place. And the view from it is amazing.

The*Evans*Family said...

Looks like I don't have to pay a million bucks to travel to Europe...I just need to go to California! We should all plan a trip to take together!