Monday, June 16, 2008

Addie playing hard-to-get with Dillon!

Dillon and I went to visit my friend Kasey and her little Addi at their new house on Thursday. Everything was going great until Dillon tried to pull a move on Addi and she took a swipe at his nose resulting in the below.
Just kidding! Addi is the sweetest little girl ever and, besides putting her hands on Dillon's head while he crawled over her, would never dream of touching this little bearcat of mine. The above nose job is a result of Dillon crawling over to the waste basket in our room, and pulling it over on himself. The edge of the waste basket won and got him pretty good. I was standing right there and felt like the biggest loser mom ever. It bleed and he cried for a long time. I guess I should get prepared for injuries in the future though, anyone who knows Joe also knows that raising a child without a lifetime of injuries is probably not going to happen.

9 comments:

marci and josh said...

Just wait until your child falls down the stairs right in front of you. It's amazing how you can feel like the worst mother at times. But you for sure have your hands full with Joe's genes.

Sara Hollobaugh said...

Poor little guy, looks like it hurt. And your right, with Joe's history you better be prepared for some bumps and scrapes AT LEAST!! he sure is getting cuter and bigger too:)!!

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

You aren't a bad mom... just remember, accidents happen. But I know how sometimes it feels like you could have done something to stop it. Melanie squished her fingers in a cupboard door yesterday, looked at me, and started crying. I felt aweful.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you were planning on family portraits the following day. Abby was in the hospital yesterday because she swallowed a plastic game disk.
Burt

The*Evans*Family said...

Carson is always bumped and bruised up. It comes with the territory. Boys just know how to get into trouble.

marci and josh said...

Marci,
I will for sure invite you guys to view the blog when I go private, but I need you to email me your email address. You can email it to marci326@gmail.com
Thanks

Natalie said...

Hey Marci! I found your blog and wanted to say hi. I haven't seen you in a long, long time, but do occasionally see your mom at the doctor's office and get the updates. Your little Dillon is so cute. It's been fun catching up on your life.

Amy F. said...

What cute little playmates! Poor guy. Yeah, Dax got a tiny scratch on his leg and I was like, "How'd that get there?", its not like he can crawl! (Of course his head is another story; nails and wedding rings don't go well with a wobbly head)

Kasey Sanders said...

So... your trying to make Addie look bad? :) I'm glad we can be blog friends!